TSS Earnslaw: 1.5-Hour Cruise From Queenstown
Are you a business owner in Queenstown?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Queenstown.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Sail aboard the historic, coal-powered TSS Earnslaw on a 1.5-hour cruise
- Admire spectacular alpine scenery from the vantage point of the lake's waters
- Explore the engine room below decks where stokers feed the roaring coal fire
- Discover a fascinating collection of historical photos in the small onboard museum
DescriptionJoin the TSS Earnslaw for a 1.5-hour cruise across Lake Wakatipu. Admire spectacular alpine scenery and enjoy plenty of time to explore a piece of living history. Listen to engaging commentary from your experienced captain who will highlight points of interest throughout your cruise. Make your way to Steamer Wharf at Queenstown’s waterfront. Climb aboard the oldest working coal-fired passenger steamship in the southern hemisphere and feel free to explore! View the collection of historical photos in the small onboard museum and check out the skipper’s wheelhouse. Visit the engine room to feel the heat of the giant steam engines at work and see the stokers shovel coal into the glowing fireboxes. Soak in the dramatic mountain views surrounding Lake Wakatipu and relax at the cafe where you can enjoy a wine or beer and snacks are also available for purchase.
Includes• 1.5-hour sightseeing cruise
Food and drinks
- Upon check-in, you must exchange your ticket for a boarding pass at the visitor center
- Your cruise departure time may be different from the one requested. The local operator will confirm your cruise details by email after booking
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- TSS Earnslaw is undergoing annual maintenance between the 2 June and 3 July, 2020. If you are traveling between these dates, your cruise will be held on a different boat
- Cruise is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Parking is not available, so please leave your car at your accommodation
- Non-slip shoes are recommended
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Heli Glenorchy - scenic flightsQueenstown
Heli Glenorchy is a locally owned and operated company offering scenic flights across the stunning Mt Aspiring National Park and Fiordland...From $330.00
Pure GlenorchyQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Pure Glenorchy is a family owned and operated business taking visitors deep into Middle Earth. Explore the stunning scenery of Mt Aspiring World Heritage Park and the Dart River Valley, while visiting iconic locations from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies.From $180.00
Million Dollar CruiseQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Enjoy the best of the views of Lake Wakatipu on the stunning locally owned and operated Million Dollar Cruise.......From $49
The Beauty Lounge (by Body Sanctum)Frankton, Queenstown
Indulgence of the body and mind deserves to be accompanied by a world-class view. You will have exactly that at Body Sanctum's Beauty Lounge.............From $25.00
Skyline Queenstown Gondola with Lunch or Dinner
Ride the Skyline Gondola above Queenstown to marvel at the town's breathtaking lake and mountain views as you enjoy a delicious meal at Stratosfare Restaurant and Bar.322 ReviewsFrom NZ$79.00
The Helicopter LineQueenstown Central, Queenstown
The Helicopter Line is New Zealand's premier commercial and leisure helicopter operator, offering amazing scenic flights over some of the world's most breathtaking scenery...From $300.00
Romer GalleryQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Situated in Earl Street in the centre of Queenstown, Romer Gallery showcases the landscapes of New Zealand rarely seen from one of the world's most sought after commercia...
Milford Sound Scenic FlightsFiordland , Queenstown
Specialised scenic flights over the Milford Sound. 20 years experience, with hi-spec aircrafts including panoramic window seating and in-flight commentary.............From $475.00
Misty Mountains Heli-HikeWanaka, Queenstown
Eco Wanaka Adventure's "Misty Mountains" Heli Hike is a must for Lord of the Rings fans, and anyone wanting to admire panoramic views of the stunning scenery around Wanak...From $795.00
Queenstown CombosQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Top notch adventure combos for ultimate thrills in Queenstown. Rafting, bungy jumping, helicopter rides, jet boating, skydiving and much more.........From $239.00