Best Lord of the Rings Tours in Queenstown
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Queenstown team
The Lord of the Rings film Trilogy and the Hobbit films have created a strong association with New Zealand. The real star is the incredible and photogenic landscapes that were used extensively in the films, many of which are found around Queenstown.
Take a scenic flight or a 4WD tour to visit many of the locations featured in the films. Locations include the Ford of Bruinen, The Pillars of the King, Amon Hen, and 'Gandalph's Ride to Isengard'. Scenic flight operators will take you beyond Queenstown to other notable LOTR locations on the South Island.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Queenstown: Lake Whakatipu Boat Trip
- Queenstown: TSS Earnslaw Cruise & Walter Peak w/ Gourmet BBQ
- Gourmet Food and Wine Tour with Lunch and Wine Tastings
- From Queenstown: Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy
- From Queenstown: 3 Winery Tour with Gourmet Wine & Lunch