My Guide Website?
Queenstown: TSS Earnslaw Cruise & Walter Peak w/ Gourmet BBQ1199 Reviews
Combine a leisurely cruise across Queenstown’s Lake Whakatipu before disembarking at Walter Peak High Country Farm for a full gourmet BBQ buffet, small farm demonstration and farmland tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take in Queenstown's scenic beauty on a cruise across the lake
- Explore the history of the TSS Earnslaw as you wander through the onboard museum
- Enjoy a gourmet BBQ buffet at Walter Peak High Country Station
- Watch a farm demonstration about farm life on a working property
DescriptionThis half-day activity begins and concludes with a 45-minute cruise across Queenstown’s Lake Whakatipu onboard the historic TSS Earnslaw. Spend a few hours enjoying the culinary delights at Walter Peak High Country Farm, including an entertaining farm demonstration the whole family will enjoy. Feel free to take advantage of the extensive lay-out of this incredible steamship – she is a floating museum of her own history, and you are more than welcome to enter the engine room where you can watch our hardy coal-stokers as they keep this beautiful lady of the lake gliding across the waters of Lake Whakatipu. Overlooking Lake Whakatipu and Queenstown’s incredible alpine scenery, the Colonel’s Homestead at Walter Peak is the perfect place to spend a beautiful day in Central Otago. Its colonial architecture and sweeping grounds evoke the elegance of a bygone era. Spend your time wandering the award-winning gardens, or saying hello to the animals that call the station home. The BBQ Buffet includes salads, vegetables, and succulent local meats cooked on the outdoor rotisserie or grill. There is a wide range of desserts on offer, including a vast array of fresh bread and cheese. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let the supplier know directly so we can safely accommodate your requests.
IncludesRound-trip steamship cruise Gourmet BBQ lunch or dinner (depending on option selected)
- Cruise is subject to favorable weather conditions; if canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a full refund
- Non-slip shoes are recommended
- If you require more information on the wheelchair accessibility both on the Tss Earnslaw and Walter Peak farm, please do not hesitate to ask
- Suitable for all ages