Are you a business owner in Queenstown?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Queenstown.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
Directions to Time Tripper
Travel back to a time when dinosaurs roamed the earth, learn about how Lake Wakatipu was carved out by a giant glacier and experience the adventure activities you can do in Queenstown, all from the comfort of your seat.
Open 9am – 7pm, 365 days a year, head down to the Main Town Pier to explore Queenstown before time.
What exactly is Time Tripper?
- It’s a state-of-the-art animated show situated under Lake Wakatipu, that tells the story of the creation of the Wakatipu region, starting 90 million years ago taking the viewer through to present day Queenstown.
- Time Tripper was created by internationally recognised graphics innovators Animation Research, and exhibition designers Art of Fact Limited
- The story is narrated by world famous New Zealand actor Temuera Morrison.
- Time Tripper is the only place in Queenstown that visually tells the legend of Lake Wakatipu
- The Underwater Observatory has been transformed into a bespoke theatre, giving the viewer the feeling of being inside a time machine, complete with black light and bass shakers installed under each seat.
- There’s still the opportunity to see the famous slinky eels, diving ducks and trout with the screens rising up to see the underwater viewing after the show.
$25 per adult, $12 per child, Family is $59.
You may also like
Heli Glenorchy - scenic flightsQueenstown
Heli Glenorchy is a locally owned and operated company offering scenic flights across the stunning Mt Aspiring National Park and Fiordland...From $330.00
Pure GlenorchyQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Pure Glenorchy is a family owned and operated business taking visitors deep into Middle Earth. Explore the stunning scenery of Mt Aspiring World Heritage Park and the Dart River Valley, while visiting iconic locations from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies.From $180.00
Million Dollar CruiseQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Enjoy the best of the views of Lake Wakatipu on the stunning locally owned and operated Million Dollar Cruise.......From $49
The Beauty Lounge (by Body Sanctum)Frankton, Queenstown
Indulgence of the body and mind deserves to be accompanied by a world-class view. You will have exactly that at Body Sanctum's Beauty Lounge.............From $25.00
Skyline Queenstown Gondola with Lunch or Dinner
Ride the Skyline Gondola above Queenstown to marvel at the town's breathtaking lake and mountain views as you enjoy a delicious meal at Stratosfare Restaurant and Bar.322 ReviewsFrom NZ$79.00
The Helicopter LineQueenstown Central, Queenstown
The Helicopter Line is New Zealand's premier commercial and leisure helicopter operator, offering amazing scenic flights over some of the world's most breathtaking scenery...From $300.00
Romer GalleryQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Situated in Earl Street in the centre of Queenstown, Romer Gallery showcases the landscapes of New Zealand rarely seen from one of the world's most sought after commercia...
Milford Sound Scenic FlightsFiordland , Queenstown
Specialised scenic flights over the Milford Sound. 20 years experience, with hi-spec aircrafts including panoramic window seating and in-flight commentary.............From $475.00
Misty Mountains Heli-HikeWanaka, Queenstown
Eco Wanaka Adventure's "Misty Mountains" Heli Hike is a must for Lord of the Rings fans, and anyone wanting to admire panoramic views of the stunning scenery around Wanak...From $795.00
Queenstown CombosQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Top notch adventure combos for ultimate thrills in Queenstown. Rafting, bungy jumping, helicopter rides, jet boating, skydiving and much more.........From $239.00