My Guide Website?
Shotover River: Extreme Jet Boat Experience239 Reviews
Embark on the original jet boat ride on the Shotover River. Prepare for wall-to-wall action with high speed and thrilling 360-degree spins. Includes transportation from Queenstown.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Queenstown: Arrowtown Mountain Biking Adventure
- From Queenstown: Milford Sound Cruise and Coach Day Trip
- Queenstown: Full-Day Central Otago Food & Wine Tour
- From Queenstown: Milford Sound Full-Day Tour with Lunch
- From Queenstown: Glenorchy and Paradise Scenic Half-Day Tour
- Enjoy a uniquely breathtaking white-water ride on the Shotover River
- Skim along the river at high speed, fishtailing into 360-degree spins
- Hold on tight as the captain manoeuvres over rapids and through narrow canyons
- Join the only company permitted to operate in the iconic Shotover Canyons
DescriptionTake on the ultimate jet boat experience on the Shotover River for a breathtaking ride through dramatic and narrow canyons, located less than a 10-minutes drive from Queenstown. A short drive from Queenstown will have you at the shores of the Shotover River. Meet your experienced guide and gear up for your high-speed jet boat ride. Hold on tight as the driver expertly navigates the jet boat over white-water rapids and squeezes through the narrow walls of the Shotover Canyon. Speed past rocky outcrops, skim around boulders, and zip through the dramatic and narrow canyons as its walls tower above you. After 25 thrilling minutes, return to the jet base and relax on the shuttle transfer back to Queenstown.
Includes25-minute jet boat ride Life jackets Heated handrails and buffs during winter
- Children must be a minimum height of 1 meter tall must be accompanied by a fare-paying adult; this height may be changed to 1.2 meters if operating in high river conditions Contact the tour operator if you are pregnant or have any medical conditions including back or neck problems Life jackets are mandatory and are supplied, along with optional splash coats Eyewear recommended all year round Dress warmly in winter – warm clothes, jacket, hat and gloves (although handrails on the jet boats are heated) are strongly recommended Onsite facilities include parking, gift shop, cafe, toilets, secure lockers and viewing areas Only cameras allowed on board are forehead mounted hands-free GoPro or similar; any other cameras or phones are not permitted to be carried aboard