My Guide Website?
From Queenstown: Self-Guided Wineries Bike Tour25 Reviews
Glide over the Queenstown Trail with this self-guided tour on a mountain bike or an e-bike. Ride through the Gibbston Valley and have the chance to stop and purchase tastings of world-famous wines.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Queenstown: Arrowtown Mountain Biking Adventure
- From Queenstown: Glenorchy and Paradise Scenic Half-Day Tour
- From Queenstown: Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy
- From Queenstown: 3 Winery Tour with Gourmet Wine & Lunch
- Queenstown: Lake Whakatipu Boat Trip
- Visit wineries of your choice, at your own leisure
- Explore bridges, bungy jumps, cellar doors, a cheesery, and a tavern
- Discover New Zealand's finest flavors and stunning natural vistas
DescriptionThis self-guided ride of the Gibbston Wine Valley begins with a scenic shuttle from Queenstown to either Arrowtown or Arrow Junction*. We'll get you fitted to a bike (or E-bike!) and briefed on the navigation by our experienced team. The bike trail follow the beautiful Arrow and Kawarau rivers, crossing over suspension bridges, to the Kawarau Bridge, home to the world-famous bungy jump. From there spend the afternoon biking at your leisure along the Gibbston River Trail, using our informative map to visit as many of the wineries linked throughout this gentle gravel trail. Enjoy a relaxed lunch en-route at one of the many venues on offer. We will pick you up from the winery of your choice and shuttle you back to Queenstown. **Please note: The Full Day option starts in Arrowtown. Both the 3/4 Day and Half-Day options start at one of our bike-hubs (Arrow Junction), approx. 5 kms from the Kawarau Suspension Bridge (from here it's around 30 mins easy ride to the nearest winery).
IncludesQuality mountain bike or E-bike Winery map Helmet Shuttle transportation
- Pick up timings at the end of the ride are the same for all options: 4:30pm in Summer (1st Sept to 30th Apr) and 4:00pm in Winter (1st May to 31st Aug).
- On both the 3/4 Day and Half-Day options, the riding distance to the first winery is 6 km and to the last winery is 13 km.
- On the Full-Day option, the riding distance to the first winery is 15 km and to the last winery is 23 km.