My Guide Website?
Real NZ Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruises
- 7 hours
- Start with a cruise across Lake Manapouri, followed by a coach trip over the epic Wilmot Pass through Fiordland’s rainforest and into the Sound
- A 3 hour cruise through the waterways of Doubtful Sound
- Cruise onboard the Patea Explorer (Fiordland Navigator, Mariner or M.V. Sinbad may substitute)
- Commentary by our knowledgeable Skipper and Nature Guide
- Wildlife viewing, including dolphins, fur seals and even occasionally penguins
- Picnic lunches available for purchase from Manapouri Café
- Snacks and drinks available for purchase (cash only onboard)
- Due to the multi-leg journey and floating wharf access, guests will need to have a reasonable level of mobility
- Manapouri Café will be open daily from 8.45am - 1.00pm. Café menu includes cheese scones, bacon butties, pastries, gourmet sandwiches and sweet treats
- Snacks are also available onboard. Due to the remote location please bring cash to make purchases
- Complimentary tea and coffee is available
- The tour is suitable for all ages
All Doubtful Sound experiences start at our Manapouri Visitor Centre, located at 64 Waiau Street. Manapouri is a 2.5 – 3 hour drive from Queenstown and 30 minute drive from Te Anau.