My Guide Website?
Te Anau: Milford Sound Bus, Cruise, Observatory, & Lunch63 Reviews
Enjoy a more intimate Milford Sound experience from Te Anau. Discover the fiord on a boat cruise. Visit the Underwater Observatory and savor an included picnic lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Encounter Milford Sound on a day trip from Te Anau
- Enjoy the most in-depth Milford Sound day trip experience
- Discover the scenic alpine Milford Road
- Cruise beneath towering waterfalls and along the length of the fiord
- Visit New Zealand's only floating underwater observatory
DescriptionSet off on a day trip from Te Anau to Milford Sound and enjoy a more intimate and in-depth experience of Milford Sound. Discover the native wildlife, towering waterfalls, and majestic mountains of the fiord on an intimate cruise on a smaller boat. Journey through spectacular landscapes as your experienced, local bus driver provides engaging and informative commentary. Enjoy short walks and photo stops along Milford Road. Arrive at Milford Sound and relax on a nature cruise with a freshly prepared picnic lunch onboard. Get within touching distance of impressive rock walls and up close to Stirling Falls. Your passionate skipper will share their local knowledge with lively and informative commentary. Visit Milford Sound Underwater Observatory along the way. Descend 60 steps down a spiral staircase into a spacious viewing chamber to discover the unique and beautiful environment hidden under the surface of Milford Sound. Cruise back to the Milford Sound Visitor Centre to re-join the bus for the return journey to Te Anau.
IncludesTravel in a premium bus with comfortable seats Freshly prepared picnic lunch Complimentary tea and coffee Milford Sound Underwater Observatory Free multi-language commentary app
- Headset commentary is available onboard the coach in Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French and German
- Always be prepared to enjoy some rainfall during your visit. The landscape is especially dramatic during wet weather as rainfall creates dozens of temporary waterfalls
- All vessels are fully licensed with a range of beverages plus a selection of snack foods. Note that smoking is not permitted on any of the vessels
- Reservations may be amended to another date or time, subject to space and availability
- Appropriate child restraints are not provided by the operator. These must be provided by the parent or caregiver - without this you may be turned away and unable to travel
- In the interest of your safety, the local operator may cancel the activity at any time due to unsafe weather conditions or maintenance •Free multi-language commentary app provides informative commentary along the Milford Sound road on the coach
- The app is not available for the Cruise component.