Queenstown parking in the town centre is typically priced between $1-$2 per hour. The town's parking spaces fill up quickly so it's easier to find a parking space early morning or early evening.
There are a number of free parking options around the town between 30 minutes and 240 minutes. A limited number of free spaces can also be found on a first come first served basis.
0 –20 minutes free, 21 – 40mins $3, one day $21, second day $18.
Pay and Display Parking
- Earl and Church Streets - up to 120 minutes. $2 per hour.
- Athol Street - up to 240 minutes. $2 per hour.
- Boundary Street and the Recreation Ground - 50 cents every hour with a maximum charge of $2.50 a day. 8.00am - 6.00pm.
- Recreation Ground (Cnr of Camp and Man Streets) - 50 cents every hour with a maximum charge of $2.50 a day. 8.00am - 6.00pm.Paid Car Park
Church Street - Wilson's underground car park - $1 per half hour. Early Bird Special - $5 all day before 10.00am and exit before Midnight. Maximum cost per day is $10.
5 Shotover Street - Wilson's Car Park is situated on the corner of Shotover and Stanley Street.
Ballarat Street Car Park - $1 per hour. 8.00am – 6.00pm, seven days a week.
- Lake Esplanade Road, alongside St Omer Park - unlimited free parking.
- Brecon Street (Gondola Street) - up to 240 minutes free.
- Stanley Street - up to 180 minutes free.
- Coronation Street - up to 120 minutes free.
- Shotover Street - up to 30 minutes free.
- Marine Parade - up to 30 minutes free.Senior Citizens
Those aged over 75 can benefit from free parking with a senior citizens exemption permit. Lakes Environmental provide the permits free of charge. When you apply, take along your drivers licence.
Temporary Parking Permits
Trade personnel can obtain parking permits when undertaking local roadwork and repairs. The permits cost $10 a day and provided by Lakes Environmental.