Our guide to the parking options around Queenstown
For local drivers and visitors wanting to rent a car we've created a guide to all the main parking spots around Queenstown.
Queenstown parking in the town centre is typically priced between $1 - $4 per hour. The town's parking spaces fill up quickly so it's easier to find a parking space early morning or early evening.
There are a number of free parking options around the town between 30 minutes and 180 minutes. A limited number of free spaces can also be found on a first come first served basis.
1. Airport Parking
- 0 - 10 minutes free
- 21 - 40mins $4 / 41 - 60 mins $6 / 60 - 80 mins $8
- 1 day $25 / 2 days $50 etc.
- View full aiport parking rates here.
2. Pay and Display Street Parking
Maximum 4 Hours:
- Athol Street carpark. Centrally located in town. $4 per hour.
- Park Street. Outside Queenstown Gardens entrance (pictured below)
Maximum 2 Hours:
- Camp Street. $4 per hour.
- Earl Street. $4 per hour. (pictured below)
- Stanley Street. $4 per hour.
- Coronation Drive. $4 per hour. (pictured below)
Maximum 1 Hour:
- Memorial Street. $4 per hour.
3. Underground Car Park
- Church Street Wilson Car Park - pictured below.
4. Paid Car Parks
- Recreation Ground on Memorial Street (Opposite JUCY snooze Hotel) - $1 every hour. 8.00am - 6.00pm. (pictured below.)
- 5 Shotover Street (Wilson Car Parks) - situated on the corner of Shotover and Stanley Street.
- Boundary Street/Gorge Road carpark - pictured below. $1 every hour. 8.00am - 6.00pm. (pictured below)
- Man Street - pictured below. 500 spaces. $2.50 per half hour. $30 max charge for a 12 hour period
- Car park is open 24/7. Security patrolled and CCTV.
- Long-term available. Pedestrian access to Shotover St.
5. Frankton Marina Parking
Located between Queenstown and Frankton is the Frankton Marina which has a large paid car park. If you stay for less than 10 minutes it's free. Othgerwise, it's $2 per hour. (pictured below). The Marina also has dedicated coach parking that is run by Wilsons Car Parking if you are in need of coach parking.
6. Free Parking
- Stanley Street - limited spaces up to 180 minutes free.
- Shotover Street - up to 30 minutes free.
- Church Street - up to 30 minutes free. (pictured below)
- Isle Street - up to 180 minutes free (Near Kingpin Entertainment Complex)
- Lake Esplanade Road, alongside St Omer Park - unlimited free parking. (pictured below)
7. Electric Car Charge Station
There is a Electric Car charging station located on Athol Street for up to 60 minutes. (pictured below)
8. Senior Citizen Parking
Those aged over 75 can benefit from free parking with a senior citizens exemption permit. Lakes Environmental provide the permits free of charge. When you apply, take along your drivers licence.
9. Temporary Parking Permits
Trade personnel can obtain parking permits when undertaking local roadwork and repairs. The permits cost $10 a day and provided by Lakes Environmental.
10. Campervan & Motorhome Parking
There are 33 car park spaces for large campervans in the Boundary Street Carpark. These are for large campervans/motorhomes, which often struggle to fit into a normal car park. Large campervans are prohibited from parking in Queenstown town centre with fines of $40-60.00 if parked incorrectly. However, smaller campervans such as the ones from Wicked or Jucy are allowed to park in the centre as they are of similar size to a car.
Queenstown Car Hire:
If you need to hire a car, you can use our My Guide Car Comparison Tool to find the best deals on car rentals in Queenstown - Search, Compare, and Save up to 70%!
For the best deals, check our 'Experiences Guide' for a wide choice of activities and attractions to book and visit.
For inspiration on what to see and do, check out our Queenstown Travel Articles.
For insightful area guides on the region, check our Queenstown Region Guides.