My Guide Website?
Queenstown: Dart River Canoe and Jet Boat Paradise Day Trip49 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day adventure including a 'funyak' (inflatable canoe) and jet boat ride on the Dart River within the untamed beauty of UNESCO-listed Mount Aspiring National Park. Courtesy transfers, lunch, and all equipment are included.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Queenstown: Arrowtown Mountain Biking Adventure
- From Queenstown: Glenorchy and Paradise Scenic Half-Day Tour
- From Queenstown: Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy
- From Queenstown: 3 Winery Tour with Gourmet Wine & Lunch
- Queenstown: Lake Whakatipu Boat Trip
- Enjoy a spectacular scenic and hassle-free drive by courtesy coach to Glenorchy
- Skim the glacier-fed Dart River on a thrilling wilderness jet boat experience
- Get up-close with nature with a gentle paddle on crystal clear waters
- Immerse yourself in the local culture, history, and wilderness of the land
- Follow famous backdrops from iconic films on a backroad tour of Paradise Valley
DescriptionCombine wilderness jet boating with unique ‘Funyak’ inflatable canoes for a fun way to explore the Dart River located in the heart of the world-renowned Mt Aspiring National Park. Your full-day adventure begins with a courtesy transfer to Glenorchy from Queenstown. Admire lakeside scenery as your local driver shares entertaining commentary about Lake Wakatipu and its legends. The spectacular 46-kilometer drive is considered one of the world’s top 10 scenic drives. Meet your friendly, experienced guides at the Dart River visitor center who will kit you out with all the equipment you’ll need for the day. Enjoy 1-hour of high-speed wilderness jet boating through the clear waters of the Dart River into the Te Waipounamu World Heritage Area and your Funyak launch site. Start your paddle, soaking in the tranquillity as you float downstream on sparkling water. Explore hidden side streams, rock pools, and dramatic chasms under the expert guidance of your guides. Savor a delicious picnic lunch, which marks the midway point, before continuing downriver. At Paradise, climb aboard the bus for a back-country tour through the valley to Glenorchy. Immerse yourself in scenes and backdrops from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies. Your adventure concludes with your return to Queenstown.
IncludesCourtesy transfers between Queenstown and Glenorchy (please select transport option if required) Live commentary Professional, experienced guides All equipment (wetsuit, booties, fleeces, a jacket, life jacket, dry bag) 1-hour Dart River jet boat experience 2.5-hour ‘Funyak' (inflatable canoe) tour experience Buffet lunch included 40-minute back-country bus tour through Paradise Valley
- Children must be at least 1-meter tall and 5 years or older
- Infants (under 5 years) travel free of charge if they are at least 1-meter tall
- You’re welcome to self-drive and join the experience from Glenorchy - please select the option whilst booking
- Buffet-style Lunch includes bread, salads, a selection of meats, sweet slices, and fruit. Please advise the operator if any special dietary requirements should apply.
- You are welcome to bring your camera to capture your own images throughout the day