My Guide Website?
Queenstown: Milford Sound Scenic Flight and Nature Cruise33 Reviews
Experience the epic landscapes of New Zealand's South Island from the air and water. Enjoy a combined tour including a scenic flight from Queenstown and a nature cruise across Milford Sound.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Queenstown: Arrowtown Mountain Biking Adventure
- From Queenstown: Glenorchy and Paradise Scenic Half-Day Tour
- From Queenstown: Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy
- From Queenstown: 3 Winery Tour with Gourmet Wine & Lunch
- Queenstown: Lake Whakatipu Boat Trip
- Get in touch with nature in Fiordland National Park
- Marvel at the grandeur of Milford Sound aboard a catamaran
- Take a scenic flight over the mountains by light aircraft
- Enjoy bird's eye views of the Southern Lakes, Tutoko Glacier, and Milford Sound
- Drink pure glacial water from a waterfall
DescriptionFeel the thrill of soaring over the Tutoko Glacier on flight between Queenstown and Milford Sound. Explore the beauty of Fiordland National Park on a catamaran tour and see glacier-carved fjords and a magnificent beech forest. Enjoy complimentary tea or coffee on your trip. Take a scenic flight over the mountains and valleys of South Island, and appreciate the beauty of the dramatic landscape between Queenstown and Milford Sound. Enjoy bird's eye views of the Southern Lakes, Tutoko Glacier, and Milford Fiord. If you have time after the flight, walk through the bush to the boat docks with your pilot and learn about the native environment. Climb aboard the Spirit of Milford catamaran, and explore the legendary body of water for 2 hours. Marvel at the flora and fauna, and get up close to native wildlife, including rare Fiordland crested penguins in the Spring and Fall. Appreciate the grandeur of the cliffs rising hundreds of meters from the water. Get within touching distance of impressive geological features, and feel the full force of the powerful Stirling Falls. Join the skipper on the bridge for a bird's-eye view, and to discover how the boat operates.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from centrally located Queenstown accommodations Personalized greeting and trip overview on the wall map prior to departure In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest Optional bush walk to the boat docks to learn about the native environment (time permitting) Nature cruise in Milford Sound with informative and friendly wilderness guides Reserved seating and complimentary tea or coffee and water Picnic lunch
- Because of the weather-dependent nature of flying in the Southern Alps to Milford Sound, it is recommended that you book your flight for your first day in Queenstown. That way, should the weather be unfavorable for flying on the first day, you will have maximum flexibility to roll your excursion onto the following fine weather day If the trip is canceled due to the weather, your booking will be rescheduled for the next available flying day Keep in mind that a minimum number of passengers is required to confirm a flight