My Guide Website?
From Queenstown: Skippers Canyon 4-Wheel-Drive Tour9 Reviews
Take a journey of legends on a road ranking with the most spectacular in the world. Experience the best of New Zealand's high country and history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Queenstown: Arrowtown Mountain Biking Adventure
- From Queenstown: Glenorchy and Paradise Scenic Half-Day Tour
- From Queenstown: Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy
- From Queenstown: 3 Winery Tour with Gourmet Wine & Lunch
- Queenstown: Lake Whakatipu Boat Trip
- Travel the Skippers Canyon Road
- Cross the Skippers Suspension Bridge
- Visit the restored Skippers township
- Gold pan in the Shotover River
DescriptionTake a drive through the historic Skippers Canyon on this half-day heritage adventure along the rugged and treacherous Skippers road. While your guide navigates this awe-inspiring canyon, visit many historic sites such as the Skippers suspension bridge and the township of Skippers. In this town long since abandoned, discover the many original buildings waiting for exploration. Visit the restored schoolhouse and gain an insight into the local heritage of life in this tough environment through photographs and artifacts from the early days of the settlement. On your return to Queenstown, stop to try your hand at gold panning in one of the richest gold bearing rivers in the world. Created by being hacked by hand into the sheer cliff sides of the Shotover River Valley and heavily featured in 'The Lord of the Rings,' British Automobile Association voted Skippers Canyon road as one of the 25 most scenic roads in the world.
IncludesGold panning Refreshments Pickup from Queenstown accommodation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pickup from all central Queenstown accommodations
- Minimum numbers of 2 passengers (paying adults rate) are required to confirm all trips. On NZ statutory holidays, minimum numbers of 4 passengers (paying adult rate) apply to all trips.There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.