My Guide Website?
Queenstown: Time Tripper Underwater Experience61 Reviews
Venture under Lake Wakatipu and on a journey through time and legend. Follow your time-travel pilot through the distant past to present day Queenstown and finish with an underwater viewing.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Queenstown: Arrowtown Mountain Biking Adventure
- From Queenstown: Glenorchy and Paradise Scenic Half-Day Tour
- From Queenstown: Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy
- From Queenstown: 3 Winery Tour with Gourmet Wine & Lunch
- Queenstown: Lake Whakatipu Boat Trip
- Experience 90 million years in under 30 minutes
- Watch a state-of-the-art animated show in a black light theatre
- Enjoy viewing the underwater creatures beneath the lake for 15 minutes
- Learn the history of Queenstown and the Maori legend of Lake Wakatipu
- See prehistoric creatures, dinosaurs, like the moa and tuatara
DescriptionDiscover the world under Lake Wakatipu and travel back to the beginning of time through the Time Tripper, a 14-minute state-of-the-art animated show that takes you back 90 million years to what Queenstown was like all those years ago. Take a seat and be guided by a time-travel pilot through the time of the dinosaurs, taking you back to when New Zealand was formed and flying you deep into the earth to when the Southern Alps were created. Learn about the Maori legend and love story of Lake Wakatipu. Enjoy this graphic masterpiece from the bespoke theatre, complete with black light and bass shakers under each seat; all narrated by the world-famous New Zealand Actor Temuera Morrison. Following your informative session, enjoy 10-15 minutes of underwater viewing during which you can see the famous diving ducks, slinky eels, and trout that lie beneath the lake. This approximately 30-minute activity is Queenstown’s only underwater experience, blasting off every half hour from the Main Town Pier.
IncludesEntrance to the Time Tripper show and underwater experience
- This experience is not recommended for people with limited mobility as it is accessed by two flights of stairs
- The show will take place rain or shine
- No-shows or cancellations within 24 hours of departure are non-refundable