My Guide Website?
Panoramic View Helicopter Flight with Alpine Landing24 Reviews
Land on the Remarkables Spur, overlooking Queenstown and the Wakatipu basin with Coronet and Cecil Peaks in the distance. Gaze down below at the unrivaled scenery featuring cascading mountains and experience a sensational photo opportunity at 5,000 feet.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a 20-minute scenic heli-flight high above Queenstown
- Experience an alpine landing on the stunning Remarkables Spur
- Gaze below at the deep valleys where movies like The Lord of the Rings have been filmed
DescriptionSee how glaciers and the movement of the earth’s crust formed New Zealand's unique mountains and valleys over thousands of years–from the sky! Swoop low over mountain valleys and high above meandering rivers. Plenty of evidence also remains of the rich gold mining history left by Europeans and Chinese gold miners in the late 1800s. Today, many of the local landscapes can be recognized because of their use as film locations. You can even fly over where the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed! The pilots regularly work with film production crews and are happy to share plenty of stories of life on the film set. Finally, for the photo opportunity of a lifetime, alight on a mountaintop with panoramic views of the entire range and its lakes and valleys. These highly experienced, well-known local pilots can’t wait to share with you their extensive knowledge and history of the area while showing you the best of New Zealand's amazing scenery.
IncludesBus transfers from selected pickup locations Experienced pilots and full safety briefing 20-minute helicopter flight with alpine landing In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
- It is strongly recommend that you make your flight bookings in advance and at the start of your Queenstown itinerary to ensure you are not disappointed. If you cannot fly due to adverse weather, the operator can transfer your booking to another day. Alternatively, if you would prefer, you will be refunded in full
- For cancellations made more than 24-hours from the departure time, a full refund will be made. Cancellations made within 24 hours of the departure time will incur a 25% cancellation fee
- The away times (flight durations) specified in the flight tour itineraries are approximate and are be subject to weather conditions. On occasion, flight paths and landing locations may change at the pilot’s discretion. The operator will always keep you informed of any changes to the published information
- Minimum numbers apply. Individual bookings may be combined & upgrades offered if necessary to achieve minimum numbers
- Please advise us in advance if you weigh over 100kg