My Guide Website?
Mount Cook Full-Day Tour: Queenstown to Christchurch17 Reviews
Journey to Mount Cook and discover mountains, serene glacial lakes, rich farmlands, and quaint traditional towns. On this full-day tour you will encounter breathtaking sights as you journey through the dramatic landscape from Queenstown to Christchurch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at the awe-inspiring vastness of the Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park
- Admire the dazzling turquoise blue waters of Lake Tekapo, a stunning glacial-fed lake
- See the solitary Church of the Good Shepherd and admire its views from the shores of the lake
- Take in the diverse sights of the Canterbury Plains, Mackenzie Country, and the spectacular Southern Alps
- Discover early-settler cottages, and arts and crafts in the small town of Geraldine
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at the world-famous Hermitage Hotel (available to purchase as an optional extra)
- Experience a bird's eye view with an optional scenic flight by helicopter or ski plane (at an additional cost and weather permitting)
DescriptionDiscover the natural wonders of New Zealand’s dramatic landscapes and experience the best sights of this unique environment on this full-day tour. Sit back and take in the views as you are transported from Queenstown to Christchurch, through the rugged yet beautiful landscapes and over the Lindis Pass. Appreciate the distinctive geography of Mackenzie Country as you journey to the Mount Cook National Park. Be amazed at the majesty of New Zealand’s highest peak, Mount Cook, also known by its Maori name, Aoraki (Cloud Piercer). The park boasts a truly awe-inspiring landscape with more than thirty 3,000 meter high peaks and five of New Zealand’s largest glaciers. Take the opportunity to absorb the unforgettable views, while you enjoy a freshly-prepared lunch at the famous Hermitage Hotel. For an additional treat, you can also choose to take a scenic helicopter or ski plane flight to get a real bird's eye view of the rugged yet beautiful terrain (at an additional cost and weather permitting). Visit Lake Tekapo and marvel at its bluer than blue glacial water. Then encounter the solitary and quaint Church of the Good Shepherd, nestled just meters from the lake. Continue your journey and take in the sights of the spectacular Southern Alps and the rich farmlands of the Canterbury Plains as we transport you to Christchurch, where your day concludes.
IncludesFull-day sightseeing tour Pick-up and drop-off at selected hotels in Queenstown and Christchurch Knowledgeable local driver guide
- A comprehensive English commentary is provided by the driver guide while headsets are provided in Spanish and Mandarin (Chinese). A Japanese-speaking guide is available on request at no additional cost. Please advise the staff at the time of booking.