My Guide Website?
Glacier Explorer Helicopter Flight from Queenstown94 Reviews
Enjoy a thrilling 50-minute helicopter flight over Queenstown to explore the glaciers of Mt. Aspiring National Park.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Queenstown: Arrowtown Mountain Biking Adventure
- From Queenstown: Glenorchy and Paradise Scenic Half-Day Tour
- From Queenstown: Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy
- From Queenstown: 3 Winery Tour with Gourmet Wine & Lunch
- Queenstown: Lake Whakatipu Boat Trip
- Explore the glaciers of Mt. Aspiring National Park by helicopter
- Admire the amazing scenery and breathtaking views around Queenstown from the air
- Experience an exhilarating landing on a glacier
- See how glaciers formed the area's unique landscape
- Fly over historic Skippers Canyon
DescriptionOur most popular scenic helicopter tour flies over the Queenstown Basin, Paradise Valley and Mt Aspiring National Park. Enjoy an exhilarating helicopter flight over spectacular mountain scenery, impressive ice falls and multiple glaciers before landing on exclusive alpine terrain and stepping out to breathe in the back country wilderness. When conditions permit* you'll land on the glacier itself for once in a lifetime photo opportunities before heading back to Queenstown over hidden alpine lakes and historic Skippers Canyon. *Please note: between January and June, due to the summer conditions such as snow cover changes exposing crevasses, we may not be able to land on a Glacier as our landing locations are limited. In such instances, you will always flyover the Glaciers, but we can’t guarantee a Glacier landing. Your pilot will choose the next best alternative such as landing close to the Glacier or opting for an Alpine landing, either of which will have spectacular views.
IncludesBus transfers from selected pickup locations 50-minute helicopter flight with glacier landing In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
- It is strongly recommend that you make your flight bookings in advance and at the start of your Queenstown itinerary to ensure you are not disappointed. If your flight is canceled due to adverse weather, your booking can be transferred to another day. Alternatively, if you prefer, your payment will be refunded in full.
- If you cancel your reservation more than 24 hours from the departure time, a full refund will be made. Cancellations within 24 hours of the departure time will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- The flight duration specified in the tour itinerary is approximate and can be subject to weather conditions. On occasion, flight paths and landing locations may change at the pilot's discretion.
- Minimum numbers apply. Individual bookings may be combined and upgrades offered if necessary to achieve minimum numbers.
- Glacier landing/snow subject to weather conditions.