My Guide Website?
From Christchurch: Guided Day Trip to Queenstown Via Mt Cook4 Reviews
Take a one-way day trip from Christchurch to Queenstown. Enjoy the amazing views and stories from your driver, see all the key highlights and stops along the way, and make a stop for lunch in Mt Cook.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a scenic drive from Christchurch to Queenstown with commentary
- Explore all Mt Cook has to offer with 2.5 hours of free time in the town
- Marvel at glacial lakes, huge mountains, and dramatic landscapes
- Make a stop at the picture-perfect Church of the Good Shepherd
- Visit a family-owned salmon farm offering glacial mountain salmon
DescriptionEmbark on a road trip from Christchurch and Queenstown, driving past blue lakes, rolling countryside, and pretty towns, all with the majestic Southern Alps in the background. Stop in Mt Cook, the perfect base to explore the natural wonders of Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park. Leave Christchurch and head south towards your destination, as your driver points out some of the Garden City’s highlights. Make your first stop of the day in Fairlie. Grab a coffee and try one of the best pies in New Zealand. After refueling for the next part of our journey, leave Fairle and head toward Lake Tekapo. Visit the Church of the Good Shepherd on the stunning lakefront to take photos. Then, turn west and enter the Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park, with Lake Pukaki revealing all its beauty before your eyes. At the National Park, enjoy 2.5 hours of free time to indulge in local activities. Go on a hike or book optional extras such as a scenic flight. After leaving Mt Cook, stop at High Country Salmon – a local salmon farm where you can feed the fish and taste some of the freshest salmon in New Zealand. Finally, be driven to your final destination of Queenstown.
IncludesGuided tour Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Wi-Fi and USB chargers onboard Bottled water Kiwi snacks Lunch Commentary
- This tour is one way and you will not return to Christchurch Optional extras in Mount Cook are not included, you can book these experiences separately