Tandem Hang Gliding Experience
Are you a business owner in Queenstown?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Queenstown.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Experience the thrill of hang gliding from the highest take off point in Queenstown
- Fly with a hang gliding champion or a highly experienced pilot
- Admire picturesque views over Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu
- Take advantage of free transport from/back to Queenstown
- Enjoy the option to ask for the controls to fly a hang glider (conditions apply)
DescriptionEnjoy an amazing hang gliding experience with the most experienced hang gliding and paragliding team in New Zealand. From September to April tours are available from the stunning Coronet Peak, the highest of the flying sites in Queenstown. Learn more about hang gliding and have a chance at the hands-on experience to fly the glider yourself under the supervision of a highly experienced pilot (conditions permitting). Transfers from Queenstown are included to the Cornet Peak ski-field and trips depart throughout the day. After a short drive up to the ski-field, you get partnered up with your pilot. He will do a safety brief as well as some practice with you before launching. Soon you and your pilot will be flying away, cruising through 700 m vertical and a distance of approximately 4 kms. Make sure you ask your pilot for the controls if you wish to have a go at flying a hang glider yourself. After this incredible experience, the courtesy van will pick you up from the purpose-built landing site, which has got a cafe with hot food and drinks.
IncludesTandem hang gliding flight
Free transport to/from Queenstown
Inflight photos and videos (available for purchase after the flight)
- You will need a reasonable level of fitness in order to do the short run as you take off
- There are no age restrictions for this experience
- Minimum passenger weight is 20 kg, and the maximum passenger weight is 90 kg
- There is also a minimum height of 80 cm
- It is important for all customers to declare any of the following medical conditions upon check out. Please note this does not necessarily exclude a person from doing the activities: Pregnancy, Heart Condition, Recent Sprains or Muscular injuries, Panic/Anxiety Attacks, High/low Blood Pressure, Bone Disorders, Fragile Skin, Dislocations, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Prosthetics, Neurological Disorders, Disabilities, Physical Impairment, Motion Sickness
- Please bring warm long-sleeved clothes, long pants, and sturdy footwear
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Heli Glenorchy - scenic flightsQueenstown
Heli Glenorchy is a locally owned and operated company offering scenic flights across the stunning Mt Aspiring National Park and Fiordland...From $330.00
Pure GlenorchyQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Pure Glenorchy is a family owned and operated business taking visitors deep into Middle Earth. Explore the stunning scenery of Mt Aspiring World Heritage Park and the Dart River Valley, while visiting iconic locations from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies.From $180.00
Million Dollar CruiseQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Enjoy the best of the views of Lake Wakatipu on the stunning locally owned and operated Million Dollar Cruise.......From $49
The Beauty Lounge (by Body Sanctum)Frankton, Queenstown
Indulgence of the body and mind deserves to be accompanied by a world-class view. You will have exactly that at Body Sanctum's Beauty Lounge.............From $25.00
Skyline Queenstown Gondola with Lunch or Dinner
Ride the Skyline Gondola above Queenstown to marvel at the town's breathtaking lake and mountain views as you enjoy a delicious meal at Stratosfare Restaurant and Bar.322 ReviewsFrom NZ$79.00
The Helicopter LineQueenstown Central, Queenstown
The Helicopter Line is New Zealand's premier commercial and leisure helicopter operator, offering amazing scenic flights over some of the world's most breathtaking scenery...From $300.00
Romer GalleryQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Situated in Earl Street in the centre of Queenstown, Romer Gallery showcases the landscapes of New Zealand rarely seen from one of the world's most sought after commercia...
Milford Sound Scenic FlightsFiordland , Queenstown
Specialised scenic flights over the Milford Sound. 20 years experience, with hi-spec aircrafts including panoramic window seating and in-flight commentary.............From $475.00
Misty Mountains Heli-HikeWanaka, Queenstown
Eco Wanaka Adventure's "Misty Mountains" Heli Hike is a must for Lord of the Rings fans, and anyone wanting to admire panoramic views of the stunning scenery around Wanak...From $795.00
Queenstown CombosQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Top notch adventure combos for ultimate thrills in Queenstown. Rafting, bungy jumping, helicopter rides, jet boating, skydiving and much more.........From $239.00