Milford Sound Coach, Cruise, Observatory & Lunch
Are you a business owner in Queenstown?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Queenstown.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Encounter Milford Sound on a day trip from Queenstown
- Enjoy a more intimate experience with a smaller group
- Discover the scenic alpine Milford Road
- Cruise beneath towering waterfalls and along the length of the fiord
- Visit New Zealand's only floating underwater observatory
- Savor a freshly prepared picnic lunch
DescriptionSet off on a day trip from Queenstown to Milford Sound and enjoy a more intimate experience of Milford Sound. Discover the native wildlife, towering waterfalls and majestic mountains of the fiord on an intimate cruise on a smaller boat. Journey through spectacular landscapes as your experienced, local coach driver provides engaging and informative commentary. Pause at Te Anau for morning tea (at own expense). Enjoy a short walk down the Milford Road for photo stops. Arrive at Milford Sound and relax on a nature cruise with a freshly prepared picnic lunch onboard. Get within touching distance of impressive rock walls and up close to Stirling Falls. Specialist nature guides will share their local knowledge with lively and informative commentary. Visit Milford Sound Underwater Observatory along the way. Descend 60 steps down a spiral staircase into a spacious viewing chamber to discover the unique and beautiful environment hidden under the surface of Milford Sound. Cruise back to the Milford Sound Visitor Centre to rejoin the coach for the return journey to Queenstown.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off from selected locations (depending on option booked) Transport in smaller coach with spacious and comfortable seats Free WiFi and USB charging ports on the coach English commentary from your experienced coach driver Milford Sound small boat cruise Freshly prepared picnic lunch Complimentary tea and coffee Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
- Headset commentary is available onboard the coach in Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French and German
- Always be prepared to enjoy some rainfall during your visit. The landscape is especially dramatic during wet weather as rainfall creates dozens of temporary waterfalls
- All vessels are fully licensed with a range of beverages plus a selection of snack foods. Note that smoking is not permitted on any of the vessels
- Reservations may be amended to another date or time, subject to space and availability
- It is an approximate 5-hour drive each way from Queenstown. Scenic flights are available on request for the return journey, weather permitting
- In the interest of your safety, the local operator may cancel the activity at any time due to unsafe weather conditions or maintenance
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
The Beauty Lounge (by Body Sanctum)Frankton, Queenstown
Indulgence of the body and mind deserves to be accompanied by a world-class view. You will have exactly that at Body Sanctum's Beauty Lounge.............From $25.00
Pure GlenorchyQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Pure Glenorchy is a family owned and operated business taking visitors deep into Middle Earth. Explore the stunning scenery of Mt Aspiring World Heritage Park and the Dart River Valley, while visiting iconic locations from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies.From $180.00
Heli Glenorchy - scenic flightsQueenstown
Heli Glenorchy is a locally owned and operated company offering scenic flights across the stunning Mt Aspiring National Park and Fiordland...From $330.00
Million Dollar CruiseQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Enjoy the best of the views of Lake Wakatipu on the stunning locally owned and operated Million Dollar Cruise.......From $49
The Helicopter LineQueenstown Central, Queenstown
The Helicopter Line is New Zealand's premier commercial and leisure helicopter operator, offering amazing scenic flights over some of the world's most breathtaking scenery...From $300.00
Off The Rails Cycle ToursCentral Otago, Queenstown
Eco-friendly, fully-supported cycle tours along the Otago Central Rail Trail. Suitable for all the family, with easy riding through the spectacular and historic gold-mini...
RiverboardingQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Join world river boarding pioneers to surf the historic Kawarau River. Experience fast flowing rapids, sheer drop cliffs and magnificent scenery.............From $235.00
Romer GalleryQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Situated in Earl Street in the centre of Queenstown, Romer Gallery showcases the landscapes of New Zealand rarely seen from one of the world's most sought after commercia...
Heli Glenorchy - heli activitiesGlenorchy, Queenstown
Add some excitement to your holiday with skiing, hiking, fishing or surfing combined with a stunning helicopter flight...From $330
Take time out at Forme Spa Queenstown, New Zealand’s leading award winning day spas. Whether it is a massage, facial, beauty maintenance or hair salon service, you’ve come to the right place.From $19.00