My Guide Website?
Queenstown: White Water Surfing Along the Kawarau River6 Reviews
Take on this epic whitewater adventure. Experience up to grade 3 rapids with some of the best river boarding guides in the world.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Queenstown: Arrowtown Mountain Biking Adventure
- From Queenstown: Glenorchy and Paradise Scenic Half-Day Tour
- From Queenstown: Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy
- From Queenstown: 3 Winery Tour with Gourmet Wine & Lunch
- Queenstown: Lake Whakatipu Boat Trip
- Bodyboard up to 12km down the iconic Kawarau River
- Experience grade 2-3 river rapids
- Try something unique and exciting that will take you out of your comfort zone
DescriptionBodyboard up to 12km down the iconic Kawarau River. You’ll enjoy riding white water rapids and even get a chance to try surfing on standing waves, riding whirlpools as well as catching some underwater currents if you are brave enough. The fast Kawarau River bursts with energy, and this trip will challenge your nerves from start to finish. About 1-1.5 hours will be spent in the river. The bodyboards are light and highly maneuverable, allowing you to be more active in the water. It's the perfect choice for someone looking for the ultimate adventure. You can even choose your own board depending on how much adrenaline you can handle. River surfing is best suited for people who want the full white water experience. You'll get the opportunity to also enjoy some of New Zealand's spectacular scenery on the more gentle parts of the river, and you can also stop for a jump from the cliffs along the river.
IncludesReturn transportation from Queenstown Use of full steam 5mm wetsuit Use of helmet, wet shoes and life jacket Use of bodyboard Light snacks and refreshments
- A full refund will be given provided you cancel at least 48 hours prior to departure. No Refund within 48 hours of departure. We reserve the right to cancel or amend any trip due to dangerous river conditions, insufficient numbers, or client unsuitability.