My Guide Website?
Queenstown: Shotover River Whitewater Rafting Adventure66 Reviews
Raft the famous Shotover River on thrilling, grade 3 to 5 whitewater rapids on a half-day trip from Queenstown. Experience Skippers Canyon's daunting cliff edges and gold-mining history by 4x4.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Climb aboard a 4x4 to travel from the rafting base, through Skippers Canyon, and to the take-off point
- Tackle thrilling, grades 3-5 whitewater rapids on the iconic Shotover River
- Raft through the darkness of the historic, 550-foot Oxenbridge Tunnel
DescriptionStart the tour with a fun drive to the rafting take-off point via Skippers Canyon. The 4x4 drive is an experience in itself; the narrow dirt road hugs the canyon's sheer cliffs and offers spectacular views over the river you'll soon be soaring down. At the rafting base, get fitted in all your gear and listen to a full safety briefing. Begin your whitewater rafting adventure from Deep Creek. Cruise over peaceful waters before heading towards the exhilarating rapids of the lower canyon. Feel the adrenaline pumping as you paddle through the rapids and into the darkness of the historic, 550-foot Oxenbridge Tunnel before shooting over Cascade Rapid to complete your adventure.
IncludesRound-trip transfers between Queenstown and the rafting base 4x4 transfer Experienced rafting guides Extensive safety briefing All rafting and safety equipment Access to hot showers
- All participants must sign a waiver form.
- Rafters must be water-confident, able to swim in fast-moving water, and agree to carefully follow guides' instructions.
- This activity is not suitable for those under 13 years of age, under 88 pounds, or over 260 pounds, nor for those who have a heart condition or are taking heart medication, nor for pregnant women.
- Rafters under 16 years must be accompanied by a guardian and rafters under 18 years must have a waiver form signed by a guardian.
- Participation in rafting activities involves a degree of risk and the rafting operator cannot absolutely guarantee participants' safety.
- The local partner reserves the right to refuse participation and cancel or amend any trips due to insufficient numbers or river, road, or weather conditions in the interest of all rafters’ safety.