My Guide Website?
Queenstown: Shotover River and Kawarau River Jet Boat Ride565 Reviews
Take an exhilarating 1-hour Jet boat ride across Lake Wakatipu and head down the Shotover and Kawarau rivers. Get an adrenaline rush as you take 360° spins and travel at high speed through the river.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Queenstown: Arrowtown Mountain Biking Adventure
- From Queenstown: Glenorchy and Paradise Scenic Half-Day Tour
- From Queenstown: Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy
- From Queenstown: 3 Winery Tour with Gourmet Wine & Lunch
- Queenstown: Lake Whakatipu Boat Trip
- Embark on a thrilling high speed Jet boat ride with 360-degree spins
- Speed across Lake Wakatipu and the Shotover and Kawarau rivers
- Benefit from a convenient departure point in the heart of Queenstown
- Enjoy a perfect all-weather activity with heated handrails
- Experience an adrenaline rush on a Kiwi owned and operated Jet boat
DescriptionGet an adrenaline rush on a 1-hour jet boat ride, operated by the world’s first commercial jet boat company. Take in stunning views of the Remarkable Mountains and journey up 2 of the South Island’s most iconic rivers. Depart from the heart of Queenstown, and climb aboard the big yellow jet boat at the Main Town Pier. Hold on tight as you accelerate across the water and feel the exhilaration of a high-powered twin-engine boat that powers across Lake Wakatipu. Experience the twists and spins as you enter the Kawarau River and race past rocks and under bridges at speeds of up to 95 kilometers per hour. Grip the heated handrails and experience 360° spins while you speed up the shallow channels of the Shotover River. After 45 kilometers of pure adrenaline, return to the pier and see photos and videos from your trip.
Includes1-hour Jet boat ride Safety briefing
- The jet boats rides operate rain or shine, 365 days a year
- Stay warm during the winter months with heated handrails
- You are welcome to bring your own camera or GoPro. Be sure to hold it tight
- There are no height restrictions
- The minimum age is 2 years old, but children must be able to fit into the smallest life jacket
- Dress for the weather conditions, and remember that you will be travelling at high speeds
- There is no weight restriction to ride but you must be able to fit into one of the life jackets, with a maximum size of 4XL
- Pickup can be arranged from Frankton Marina and various lakefront hotels with prior arrangement (subject to availability)