My Guide Website?
Queenstown: Scenic Alpine Heli-Flight67 Reviews
Fly over spectacular alpine scenery on a 35-minute scenic helicopter flight over Queenstown. Get panoramic aerial views the awe-inspiring Skippers Canyon and Queenstown Basin, and make a dramatic alpine landing.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a scenic 35-minute helicopter flight high above Queenstown
- Take in amazing views of Queenstown and Whakatipy Basin
- Experience a remote Alpine landing, an excellent photo opportunity
- Enjoy views of historic Skippers Canyon, a historically rich gold mining site
DescriptionThis 35-minute helicopter flight from Queenstown is a winning combination. Enjoy spectacular alpine scenery, including Skippers Canyon and the Queenstown Basin, and and make a dramatic landing on one of the region’s stunning alpine peaks, whatever the season. Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters is Queenstown’s leading scenic helicopter flight company, built on a reputation of providing a high standard of professionalism and service. Following a transfer from your hotel and safety briefing, climb aboard your helicopter and head for the skies! The landscapes you will fly over contain many stories of the natural and human history of New Zealand and the Southern Lakes. During your flight you will discover how glaciers and the movement of the earth’s crust formed New Zealand’s unique mountains and valleys over thousands of years. Plenty of evidence also remains of the rich gold mining history left by Europeans and Chinese gold miners in the late 1800s. Land on the roof of Queenstown and jump off to take photos of the wilderness. Your alpine landing will provide excellent photo opportunities. Please note, all trips are subject to favorable weather conditions and availability.
IncludesBus transfers from selected pickup locations Qualified pilots and full safety briefing 35-minute helicopter flight with landing In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
- You are strongly recommended to make your flight bookings in advance and at the start of your Queenstown itinerary to ensure you are not disappointed. If flights are cancelled due to adverse weather, the operator can transfer your booking to another day. Alternatively, if you would prefer, they will refund you in full
- The date and time of your trip may differ to the one requested. The operator will confirm your exact tour details by email
- For cancellations made more than 24 hours from the departure time, a full refund will be made. Cancellations made within 24 hours of the departure time will incur a 25% cancellation fee
- The away times (flight durations) specified in the flight tour itineraries are approximate and can be subject to weather conditions. On occasion, flight paths and landing locations may change at the pilot’s discretion. You will be informed of any changes to the published information
- Please advise the operator in advance if you weigh more than 100 kilos