Milford Sound Extended Helicopter Flight & 3 Landings
Are you a business owner in Queenstown?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Queenstown.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a scenic helicopter flight high above Fiordland National Park
- Land in Milford Sound and on a glacier for a stunning view
- Touch down on a wild West Coast beach looking out at the Tasman Sea
DescriptionDiscover isolated valleys of ancient forests, pristine rivers, and mountains sculpted from ice over thousands of years–from the air, in an extended helicopter flight! Upon landing in Milford, enjoy a short nature walk and snap that iconic Mitre Peak photo. Experience an exhilarating flight past spectacular mountains and blue-green ice falls, and land upon a glacier in the heart of Fiordland National Park, then take a high-speed flight along the length of the fjord to alight on a wild beach on the Tasman Sea! Today, many of the local landscapes can be recognized because of their use as film locations. You can even fly over where the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed! The pilots regularly work with film production crews and are happy to share plenty of stories of life on the film set. Finally, for the photo opportunity of a lifetime, alight on a glacier and enjoy panoramic views. These highly experienced, well-known local pilots can’t wait to share with you their extensive knowledge and history of the area while showing you the best of New Zealand's amazing scenery. Please note that there may not be snow on the day of your flight depending on the season, especially during summer.
IncludesCourtesy coach is available to pickup and drop-off passengers from all Queenstown accommodation
Qualified pilots and full safety briefing
2.5-hour helicopter experience with glacier and beach landing
In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
- Bookings: it is strongly recommended that you make your flight bookings in advance an at the start of your Queenstown itinerary. If the tour cannot operate due to adverse weather, your booking can be rescheduled or you can receive a full refund.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your reservation more than 24 hours from the departure time, a full refund will be made. Cancellations within 24 hours of the departure time will incur a 25% cancellation fee.
- The away times (flight durations) specified in the flight tour itineraries are approximate & can be subject to weather conditions. On occasion, flight paths & landing locations may change at the pilot’s discretion. We will always keep you informed of any changes to the published information.
- Minimum numbers apply. Individual bookings may be combined & upgrades offered if necessary to achieve minimum numbers.
- Please advise us in advance if you weigh over 100kg.
- Glacier/snow landing are subject to weather and availability.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
The Beauty Lounge (by Body Sanctum)Frankton, Queenstown
Indulgence of the body and mind deserves to be accompanied by a world-class view. You will have exactly that at Body Sanctum's Beauty Lounge.............From $25.00
Million Dollar CruiseQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Enjoy the best of the views of Lake Wakatipu on the stunning locally owned and operated Million Dollar Cruise.......From $49
Heli Glenorchy - scenic flightsQueenstown
Heli Glenorchy is a locally owned and operated company offering scenic flights across the stunning Mt Aspiring National Park and Fiordland...From $330.00
Pure GlenorchyQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Pure Glenorchy is a family owned and operated business taking visitors deep into Middle Earth. Explore the stunning scenery of Mt Aspiring World Heritage Park and the Dart River Valley, while visiting iconic locations from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies.From $180.00
Skyline Queenstown Gondola with Lunch or Dinner
Ride the Skyline Gondola above Queenstown to marvel at the town's breathtaking lake and mountain views as you enjoy a delicious meal at Stratosfare Restaurant and Bar.322 ReviewsFrom NZ$79.00
The Helicopter LineQueenstown Central, Queenstown
The Helicopter Line is New Zealand's premier commercial and leisure helicopter operator, offering amazing scenic flights over some of the world's most breathtaking scenery...From $300.00
Queenstown CombosQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Top notch adventure combos for ultimate thrills in Queenstown. Rafting, bungy jumping, helicopter rides, jet boating, skydiving and much more.........From $239.00
Romer GalleryQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Situated in Earl Street in the centre of Queenstown, Romer Gallery showcases the landscapes of New Zealand rarely seen from one of the world's most sought after commercia...
RiverboardingQueenstown Central, Queenstown
Join world river boarding pioneers to surf the historic Kawarau River. Experience fast flowing rapids, sheer drop cliffs and magnificent scenery.............From $235.00
Central Otago Motorcycle HireCromwell, Queenstown
Classic and standard motorcycle hire in the Queenstown Lakes district. Hire a Harley and go touring around the South Island. Road and adventure bikes available.............From $185