My Guide Website?
Queenstown: Full-Day Lord of Rings Tour with Lunch1 Reviews
Embark on a full-day tour to numerous filming locations of the Lord of the Rings trilogy along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding areas.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit filming locations of the Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Bring the films to life with costumes and props
- Enjoy lunch at a local café in Queenstown
- Travel along the Skippers Canyon Road to Lighthouse Rock
- Admire spectacular views over the Wakatipu Basin
DescriptionStart with pickup from your hotel in Queenstown and travel west along Lake Wakatipu to Glenorchy and Paradise. Discover a wide variety of filming locations throughout the tour with your expert guide. Bring the films to life with a variety of movie props you can use to recreate movie scenes at the filming locations. Enjoy photo stops in the Paradise region of Mount Aspiring National Park, with some short walks on easy trails. Explore the Forest of Middle Earth and discover the settings for scenes of Lothlórien. Stand on the Isengard Lookout and admire the scenic views of the area. Return to Queenstown for lunch at a local café, before heading east of the city for the afternoon portion of the tour. Discover Gibbston and Arrowtown and visit the settings for Gladden Fields and The Pillars of the Kings. Pan for elven gold in the river, and journey along a portion of the scenic Skippers Canyon Road, which was the setting for scenes featuring The Ford of Bruinen. Enjoy the spectacular scenic views over the Wakatipu Basin throughout the tour, with drop-off back in Queenstown in the evening.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Lunch Tea and coffee Movie props Guide Gold panning activity
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Minimum numbers of 2 passengers (paying adults rate) are required to confirm all trips. On NZ statutory holidays, minimum numbers of 4 passengers (paying adult rate) apply to all trips. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.