My Guide Website?
Milford Sound Scenic Helicopter Flight with Glacier Landing12 Reviews
Mitre Peak beckons as your helicopter lifts off from Queenstown to begin your journey adove Milford Sound. Upon landing in Milford, take a nature walk and snap a photo of the iconic peak. Then experience an exhilarating ice landing.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a 1.5 to 2 hour scenic helicopter flight high above Queenstown & Fiordland National Park
- Land in Milford Sound and on a snowy glacier for stunning views
- Listen to in-flight commentary as you soar high above the ground
DescriptionDiscover isolated valleys of ancient forests, pristine rivers, and mountains sculpted from ice over thousands of years–from the air! Upon landing in Milford, enjoy a short nature walk and snap that iconic Mitre Peak photo. Experience an exhilarating flight past spectacular mountains and blue-green ice falls, and land upon and land on a glacier/mountain in the heart of Fiordland National Park. Today, many of the local landscapes can be recognized because of their use as film locations. You can even fly over where the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed! The pilots regularly work with film production crews and are happy to share plenty of stories of life on the film set. Finally, for the photo opportunity of a lifetime, alight on a glacier and enjoy panoramic views. These highly experienced, well-known local pilots can’t wait to share with you their extensive knowledge and history of the area while showing you the best of New Zealand's amazing scenery. Please note that there may not be snow on the day of your flight depending on the season, especially during summer.
IncludesBus transfers from selected pickup locations Qualified pilots and full safety briefing 1.5 to 2 hour helicopter experience with glacier landing In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
- It is recommended that you make your flight bookings in advance and at the start of your Queenstown itinerary to ensure you are not disappointed. If the helicopter cannot fly due to adverse weather, you can transfer your booking to another day. Alternatively, you will be provided with a full refund
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your reservation more than 24 hours from the departure time, a full refund will be made. Cancellations within 24 hours of the departure time will incur a 25% cancellation fee.
- The away times (flight durations) specified in the flight tour itineraries are approximate and can be subject to weather conditions. On occasion, flight paths & landing locations may change at the pilot’s discretion. You will always keep you informed of any changes to the published information
- Minimum numbers apply. Individual bookings may be combined and upgrades offered if necessary to achieve minimum numbers
- Please advise in advance if you weigh over 100kg