My Guide Website?
From Queenstown: Premium Doubtful Sound Wilderness Day Trip129 Reviews
In the heart of Fiordland National Park, Doubtful Sound is New Zealand at its untouched best. Cruise across Lake Manapouri, coach over the Wilmot Pass and explore Doubtful Sound on a 3-hour cruise.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Doubtful Sound on a day trip from Queenstown
- Travel by luxury bus and enjoy informative commentary from your friendly driver
- Enjoy a licensed bar onboard, with hot and cold food options
- Explore the waterways of the serene and isolated fiord on a 3 hour cruise
- Be on the lookout for dolphins, seals, and even penguins
DescriptionVisit Doubtful Sound on a full-day trip from Queenstown. Board a luxury bus and travel along the shores of Lake Wakatipu, through the rolling countryside to Manapouri. Enjoy informative commentary along the way from your driver. From Manapouri, cruise across the crystal waters of Lake Manapouri to West Arm. Then board a coach to cross the alpine route of the Wilmot Pass, through some of Fiordland National Park’s most dense rainforest. On reaching Deep Cove, climb aboard a modern catamaran for a 3-hour cruise, exploring the waterways of this serene and isolated fiord. See waterfalls, rainforests, mountains, and wildlife. Your knowledgeable nature guides will provide you with engaging and informative commentary throughout. You'll be treated to the sound of silence when the vessel’s engines are turned off. Experience floating on the fiord, with only the rush of waterfalls and birdsong to break the silence. Bring your own lunch, or purchase snacks on board in the vessel’s cafes. If you would like to preorder a picnic lunch, feel free to contact the activity provider directly after booking. When it rains in Fiordland, the landscape is especially dramatic. The scenery is spectacular, and you will stay dry and comfortable from your vantage point on the catamaran. At the end of your cruise, return over Wilmot Pass by coach and cruise across Lake Manapouri before the bus journey back to Queenstown.
IncludesRound-trip coach transport between Queenstown and Manapouri Round-trip cruise across Lake Manapouri Round-trip journey across Wilmot Pass through the rainforest 3-hour cruise of Doubtful Sound Commentary by drivers and nature guides
- Please note that during survey the Patea Explorer will be substituted with another vessel
- It is recommended to bring clothing and footwear for cool and wet weather
- Please note that the cafes onboard the vessel only accept cash
- Drinks from the licensed bar are not included
- Complimentary tea and coffee onboard
- It's possible to preorder a picnic lunch (please contact the local partner directly)