My Guide Website?
From Queenstown: Milford Sound Tour and Cruise with Lunch3 Reviews
See the beauty of the South Island on a full-day scenic tour to Milford Sound. Journey through mountains, past rivers, and waterfalls, to the world-famous fjord. Enjoy photo stops and a tasty lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Queenstown:If youʻre booking your trip to Queenstown last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a full-day tour of New Zealand's spectacular Milford Sound
- Travel through Fiordland National Park via a delxue, glass-roof coach
- Experience the best way to see Milford Sound by land and sea
- See crashing waterfalls and cliffs dripping with native bush
- Cruise Milford Sound aboard a boutique vessel
DescriptionTake an unforgettable journey into the heart of Milford Sound, New Zealand's most famous destination. Experience the world-famous fiord in all its natural glory on this full-day return tour from Queenstown. Leaving Queenstown around 7:40 AM, travel in comfort along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and into southern farmland to Lake Te Anau. After a morning tea stop (at your own expense), head into Fiordland National Park. See the picturesque Eglinton Valley and take advantage of the photo opportunities. At Milford Sound, board a 1-hour 45-minute cruise to explore the fiord and out to the Tasman Sea. Enjoy the newest and most luxurious cruise ship in Milford Sound. The three-level catamaran has extensive covered outdoor decks so you can get up close to nature, stay dry, and take better photographs. Enjoy a gourmet buffet lunch with fresh local ingredients. Japanese Obento and Indian lunch options are also available if you prefer (please select when booking). After your cruise, return to Queenstown by coach, arriving at approximately 8:00 PM.
IncludesTransport in luxury air-conditioned glass-roof coach Scenic stops along Milford Road like Mirror Lakes, Homer Tunnel Visit Fiordland National Park 1-hour 45-minute cruise of Milford Sound Extensive outdoor covered decks on the cruise for better views and photographs Picnic Lunch Knowledgeable local driver guide Free WiFi onboard
- Milford Road stops including Mirror Lakes, Knobs Flat, Monkey Creek and the Chasm are dependent on weather and road conditions
- Please advise any dietary requirements when booking
- Coaches are equipped with onboard toilets and there are regular stops during the day
- Always be prepared to enjoy some rainfall during your visit - the landscape is especially dramatic when it rains in Fiordland. Bring sensible clothing and footwear for cool and wet weather to fully appreciate your visit