My Guide Website?
Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy
From Queenstown: Lord Of The Rings Tour to Glenorchy Make Enquiry
- Experience the spectacular scenery of Mount Aspiring and Glenorchy Road
- Visit filming locations from Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, X-Men Origins, and more
- Feel the trilogy come to life as you visit the breathtaking landscapes featured in the films
- Take the opportunity to dress up in Lord of the Rings costumes and play with replica swords
- Explore the historic village of Glenorchy, the Dart River Valley, and Diamond Lake
DescriptionEnjoy a small-group tour of the most iconic Lord of the Rings filming locations in New Zealand, specially designed for fans of the films. Within minutes of leaving Queenstown, reach the Glenorchy Road, which follows the edges of the Great Lake Wakatipu, and has been voted one of the top 10 drives in the world. Admire snowcapped mountains that arise around every corner of the journey. Your first stop will be the 12 Mile Delta. Here, enjoy a short nature walk over the 12 Mile canyon footbridge and spot trout and salmon in the crystal-clear water below. Learn about the local flora and fauna and visit the locations, where scenes from the films were shot. Next, refuel with a delicious morning or afternoon tea picnic near the famous Glenorchy red shed and wharf. Once you have eaten enough to satisfy a Hobbit, adventure further into the World Heritage Mt. Aspiring National Park, home of Lothlorien Forest, where you will have the opportunity to snap some photographs dressed as your favorite Lord of the Rings character with replica swords from the trilogy. Next, head up the Dart Valley through 'Paradise' to Isengard for some time to enjoy this amazing location in this spectacular glacier-carved valley. Stories and behind-the-scenes secrets will be shared by your passionate local guides on the way back to Queenstown.
IncludesTour guide Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) National Park fees Picnic Dress up with Lord of the Rings costumes and replica steel swords
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately This activity does not involve a lot of walking and you may stay in the vehicle if you do not wish to get out at any of the stops A minimum of two participants is required for the tour to operate This activity is not suitable for children under 5 years old No large luggage items/ prams or strollers are permitted on board