Banish the gloom of approaching winter with this heart-warming concert series by the Central Otago Regional Choir.
Conducted by John Buchanan, with guest artists Melle Steringa (clarinet) and Sharon McLennan (piano), the choir will perform an eclectic mix of music.
Last Autumn, the choir performed pieces from New Zealand composer Felicity Edgecombe’s song cycle ‘Shaky Places’. The work proved so popular, the choir has specially-practised and prepared the remaining songs in the work for this year’s concert series. The performance will include New Zealand poetry read by Gavin Jack and sung by the choir.
The remaining concert set will include a varied selection of musical works to suit every ear! From madrigals to jazz standards, gospel music to pop ballads and the choral arrangements of Stanford, Bob Chilcott and Eric Whitacre; expect a colourful concert to boost your autumnal spirits.
- Friday 5 May, 7:30pm - St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Tenby St. Wanaka
- Saturday 6 May, 7:30pm - St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Stanley St. Queenstown
- Sunday 7 May, 2:30pm - Dunstan High School Hall, Enterprise St. Alexandra
Tickets: School students free available from choir members and the following outlets:
- Paper Plus, Wanaka
- Unichem Summerfield’s Pharmacy, Frankton
- Life Pharmacy Wilkinsons, Queenstown
- Lakes District Museum, Arrowtown
- Paper Plus, Cromwell
- Unichem Alexandra Pharmacy & Bookshop, Alexandra
Door sales subject to availability. Doors open 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the concert.
General Admission: $20.00